Posted on | July 30, 2010 | 1 Comment
Quick update on my current project.
I’ve recently been experimenting with the MaxLink (processing library) as a quick way to communicate between Processing and Max/Msp. I may look into using the OSC library as an alternative, but so far i’ve managed to generate the sine wave signals using Max/Msp which sound slightly better than using the minim library.
I’ve only used Max/Msp a few times in university but decided to try and use it again to generate the sinewave signals, although unfortunately the mxj.jk.link (Max/Msp object) didn’t have a max.help file associated with it.
I managed to create an array of 13 inlets for the mxj.jk.link object, and edited my processing code to send each of my Pachube values to each inlet on the max patch. StatsInSound Stats In Sound
The result is better than i expected. The sinewave signals are very pure in tone with no audible clicks. Again i’ve panned each of the sine wave signals from left to right and managed to display the waves using the scope~ object (max/msp).
Here is my progress so far (click the image below for a larger view)